The Discovery Academy – Student Leadership Team
The Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boys and Deputy Head Girls are the most prestigious roles that our students can obtain. They are required to undertake numerous public and community-related activities.
The Prefects are Year 11 students who have applied before undergoing a rigorous selection process. They have a range of duties to fulfill including lunch supervision, assisting at events, representing the Academy and supporting the younger students.
Here is a list of activities that the Student Leadership Team are required to undertake:
- Regular meetings with the Principal or the Senior Leadership Team to discuss specific issues which have arisen.
- Attendance at Open Evenings to promote the Academy.
- Giving tours and general public relations work with visitors to the Academy.
- Maintaining a visible presence around the Academy and play a role in maintaining good order.
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the Academy.
- Representing the Academy on visits.