The Discovery Academy – School Council
At the Discovery Academy our students play a vital role in matters that affect the Academy. Each year group has a group of students that represent the School Council and meet on a regular basis.
The students meet every half term with the Principal Mr French, along with other key stakeholders in the Academy to take ideas and thoughts forward for future consideration. The Student Council are working closely with the Community and they are involved in the interview process for new staff. They also share ideas and talk to Governors about future thoughts.
The key aims of the Student Council are:
- To work with the Local Councillors and Community leaders to develop a positive aspirational culture.
- To recommend ideas for consideration by the Senior Leadership Team.
- To listen to other students and take these ideas to council meetings.
- To encourage other students to ‘Expect Excellence’ in everything that they do.
- To support the growth mindset of the Academy.